Bicycle Wheel Display System
The Monkey Light Pro creates stunning hologram-like images and animations within a bicycle wheel. Once you're rolling, the display fills the bike wheel and is visible from both sides. The Monkey Light Pro is waterproof and durable, and is designed for use on city streets. Crank your bike to eleven.
Monkey Light Pro is designed for professional use including marketing, advertising and artistic applications. It's the only system available that meets the needs of highly demanding professional users.
The Monkey Light Pro was successfully funded on Kickstarter. It's now in stock and available for anyone to purchase. Earlier prototypes of the Monkey Light Pro were custom made for exhibits and developers only - you may have seen one at Maker Faire, Siggraph, Dragon's Den, EuroBike, SXSW or at a museum.
Download images and animations to the Monkey Light Pro to create the appearance of a floating 3D wheel display as you ride. Use our Mac OSX or iOS applications to create a playlist with your own graphics, or choose from our collection of custom artwork. Then wirelessly send your playlist to the Monkey Light Pro.
Application developers are welcome. Our software and API are available with an open-source license. Make a moving installation with a bicycle, or use our POV360 Display for fixed installations.
The Monkey Light Pro is part of our family of bicycle wheel lights. Our wheel lights are the brightest and most durable on the market, providing 360° visibility for all cyclists.
Small and bright
M204 / M204R
Fun and visible!
M210 / M210R
Start a party!
M232 / M232R
Professional video display
- 256 full color LEDs, 2500 Lumen brightness
- Full color circular display, 73 pixel diameter
- Download your own images and animations
- Easy to use Mac, iPad and iPhone apps
- Pre-loaded with custom artwork
- Bluetooth wireless download and control
- Create playlists of images and animations
- Sensor stabilized display, fills the wheel from 15-65 km/h (10-40 mph)
- Double-sided display, wide angle visibility
- IP55 Waterproof for use in all weather
- Durable solid rubber construction
- Keeps wheel balanced
- Vibration proof mount, bolts to wheel
- Fits 26" and larger bike wheels. Maximum hub diameter 54mm
- Built-in lithium rechargeable battery
- Battery Runtime: 4-12 hours (depends on graphics)
- Completely contained within the bike wheel
- Developer SDK for custom applications
- Made in California USA
- OS X and iOS playlist creation
- Developer tools and API: runs on Mac and Linux
- Media format support: JPG, GIF, PNG, AVI, MPEG, MOV, QT, FLV, and more.
- On-board media storage: 2000 frames
- Playlist capabilities: Loop, time and sequence frames for infinite possibilities
- Visibility - Evening, overcast and indoors. Not visible in direct sunlight
- Integrated battery: 7000mAh Lithium Polymer rechargeable
- Colors: 4096
- Size: 520mm diameter, 25mm thick, 54mm center hole
- Weight: 720g, even balance
- Wheel fit: 26", 700c, 29". Maximum hub diameter 54mm.
- Temperature: -10C to 45C
To get you started we'll pre-load the Monkey Light Pro with an amazing image and animation collection for you to use. Over 10 artists have created artwork specially for the Monkey Light Pro. We're really excited to be able to give you a curated collection of work from David Ope, Yoshi Sodeoka, Devon Penney, Shelley Eshkar, Kevin Kunzman, Natalie Walsh, Katya Popova, Noah Vawter and more.
Application developers are welcome and encouraged. Our playlist, download and control software and API are available with an open-source license. Use Bluetooth wireless to download graphics and control the Monkey Light Pro. Make a moving installation with a bicycle, or use our POV360 powered display stand for fixed installations.
Many developers have already done amazing things with our prototypes:
- The Fukushima Wheel project outfitted a bike with pollution sensors. As you ride around, it collects data from the environment and displays it on the wheels.
- The Science Museum of Minnesota created an educational display.
- Our own staff created an interactive 3D spherical display (video below).
- The Museum of Brisbane made a video featuring the Monkey Light Pro (video below)