What information do we collect?
Server logs: Our web server automatically logs web browsers type, IP address, languages, referring, site, time and date, and operating system.
Usage: We use Google Analytics and the Facebook pixel to measure our web page usage.
Location: Approximate location and language data is sometimes collected. You can opt out of Facebook collection at any time by visiting your settings: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen
Email address, name, and country: If you elect to sign up for our newsletter, we collect your name, email address, and country. This information is also used if you place an order on our website.
Mailing address, phone number, payment information: This information is used if you place an order on our website.
Age or date of birth: We may ask your age or date of birth for orders for certain items, to comply with local, state, and federal regulations.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
-To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of collecting payment and delivering the purchased product or service requested.
-To administer a contest, giveaway, promotion, survey or other site feature.
– To analyze trends in order to help understand the effectiveness of and improve our advertising
-To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
– To advertise: We may use Facebook and Google cookie information to display advertisements for our products on other platforms, based on your non-personally-identifiable usage of our website. You can opt out of Facebook collection at any time by visiting your settings: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen. We may also use your information to exclude you from online advertising.
– To serve relevant content, location data may be used to change the language setting of our website or help provide you with local purchasing options.
– To better understand how our visitors use our website
Our use of your information is based on the following European Union legal grounds:
- The use is necessary to in order for us to comply with the law
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person
- The use is necessary for legitimate interests such as to communicate with you, to understand and improve our advertising, to carry out marketing measures, to understand usage patterns of our website, to personalize your experience, to send you a product you have ordered, and to monitor and prevent fraud and problems with our website.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order. There are two ways we process payment information:
-We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
-We use a third-party service such as PayPal or Stripe where we do not access any payment information, and your payment information is not stored on our servers.
We may use 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN) or on other networks. As always we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell or trade your personally identifiable information to outside parties.
We do share information in the following limited circumstances:
- Trusted third parties: This includes delivery companies for delivering items and for fraud analysis.
- Compliance with the law: We may collect, use, retain, and share information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to comply with lawful legal or government requests, to enforce our agreements, terms, and policies, to prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers and others
- Business transfers: If Monkeylectric is sold or merged, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Our own employees and contractors: We may disclose your information to our own employees and contractors in order to process transactions and conduct advertising campaigns.
- Aggregated or de-identified information: We may share non-identifiable hashed information to facilitate advertising campaigns on other platforms, or to create “lookalike” audiences for advertising.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
For any privacy requests, please contact [email protected]