The watertight battery holder holds 3 AA batteries and has o-ring seals at both ends. It also has a universal mounting that can either strap to a pole (such as a bike frame) or screw to a flat surface. The DIY kit includes 2 pairs of power leads coming from the main body and two mating connectors that you can attach to your own project. There is a plug that seals one of the leads if you only plan on using one. Batteries not included.
Mounting instructions are here on Instructables.
The Monkey Power Pack DIY kit is exclusively offered by Sparkfun. You can order one here.
3 x AA batteries
* flat mount using 3x10mm screws (included)
* tube/pole/hub mount (15mm – 120mm diameter), using standard cable ties (included)
* 2 waterproof connectors and 1 protective cap for unused connector
* DIY kit also includes 2 mating connectors with 300mm wire
* 100% waterpoof (IP67).
* Out-of-the-box Rated for submersion down to 1m depth for 15 minutes.
* Indefinite submersion time may be achieved by carefully sealing the threads with silicone grease or caulk
10G: continuous operation
50G: withstands 10,000 cycles
-30C to 70C
1.0 amp continuous
0.3 ohm typical
85mm x 50mm x 39mm